Sunday, December 29, 2013

Adios Arusha

Yesterday was my last night in Arusha. I spent most of the morning doing errands with Jutta and Francesco-one of the Italians (hehe shopping). And then when I got home, Asif decided he wanted to have a barbecue. 

We convinced him to also invite the Italians along with Jutta. So the total number of people went from six to 14 in a couple minutes. 

Then it was time for prep. Sabri and I were sent to go do the drink/whatever else was needed shopping. And it was like being back at home! We were being so loud and obnoxious. 

And then...suddenly, out of the blue, as we were in the drink aisle Sabrina said "you know, I love Dr Pepper, I'm gonna get one." 

And there it was! DR PEPPER!! I may or may not, but definitely did yell "THEY HAVE DR PEPPER?!" At the top of my lungs as we were surrounded by people...

I took a picture as proof. 

There it is! A taste of home!! I haven't tried it yet, but we shall see how it compares. 

Anyway, we finish buying drinks and such and come home to start prepping/packing. 

Finally, all the guests arrive and Asif tells me to put on my iPod (because I have the best music ever) so that he can enjoy barbecuing to some real music. 

So the party started at 7:30-8 and the last guests left at 3...and we were eating until 3...well, mostly I was eating until 3...because I love barbecue and Asif is as good as Dad when it comes to barbecue. 

But that was my last night in Arusha and it couldn't have gone better! Good food and good company! 

Also, I found out that Poochie is actually called Gucci...sooo...
We call him the mzungu dog, because he is so white. 

1 comment:

  1. But you forgot to tell us where you are going next??? I'm trying to find all these places on my map!!!

    ReplyDelete