Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back in Nairobi

I've been a little M.I.A for the past couple weeks because I've returned home...temporarily...

As y'all know, we took a road trip to Nairobi. 

Asif and Sabri went back to Arusha and I stayed in Nairobi with Julie Aunty and Nizar Uncle. My cousin Rahim, Julie Aunty's son, lives here as well with his wife Shirlei (who is Brazilian) and daughter Shazia. 

Shazia is the cutest little mixed baby I've ever seen! She has gorgeous curls and lovely olive skin. She understands both Portuguese and English (she and Shirlei go to Brazil for a couple months every year). 
Ain't she the cutest??? 

Last Saturday (January 4th), Shirlei, Sana (Asif's girlfriend) and I went out for a girls night. 

We went to this hotel called Sankara to the upstairs lounge. They had a live band that played great music so we stayed for quite a while. 

Shazia, Shirlei and I have been spending the past couple of days together before they leave for Dubai. We've been going to all the big malls here, which are just like malls in America. Maybe better! 

On one of the days that we were together, we went to "the market". Which is just a place where all the people who receive donations from Goodwill and such are out selling what has been donated. 

The best part about this place is you can find the most expensive brands, barely used, for cheap. And when I say cheap, I mean a dollar or so. 

We came across on stall where I found a Topshop shirt. And I got it for 100 bob, which is about $1.50. 

On Wednesday (January 8th) we went back to Village market, which I'm not sure if I wrote about before. I had gone with dad to get a phone there, but today we just went for lunch and to let Shazia play. 
That's the courtyard outside for the foodcourt. Such a great place! 

It was their last day in Nairobi so we made sure Shazie had a good time. 

Since then, my stay has been very low key. And now that I've returned home the next couple of posts will be more about reflection and some of the things I haven't blogged about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment