Thursday, March 27, 2014

Meeting More Cousins

This past week, I've been spending a lot of time exploring around downtown Vancouver. I'm pretty sure I can get any where now, without getting lost.

Vancouver is an amazing city. There is so much to do, and so many things to see, I barely have time to do anything! Last week, my aunt was working a lot, so I had a chance to hang out with a lot of my other family. I met up with my cousin Salina, who, if y'all remember Sabrina from Arusha, is Sabrina's older sister. She is my age and we had a great time at this delicious dessert place called True Confections. They have the biggest and best cake slices I've ever had. Every time I go, I always get the toasted almond cake slice.
Toasted almond cake and a white chocolate martini! What more could I ask for?!

Salina ordered a flour less Belgium chocolate cake with hazelnut and a Bailey's hot chocolate. Yummy!!

She and I had a great time together. It is so nice to have a cousin who is the same age as me and living just a 10 minute walk away!

On Thursday (March 20th) I spent the entire day with my cousin Tamiz. He picked me up in the morning and took me out to breakfast.
Salmon eggs benedict. 
Then we went to tour the UBC campus. Oh my gosh. It is huge! It's a city within itself! And such a gorgeous campus. It seems like a great place.

 While we were in his office, he showed me all the records he has. Look what I found...


I may or may not have freaked out. Way too cool!!
After he showed me the ins and outs of being a professor and all of UBC, we went to hang out at the beach. It was such a nice day (which is pretty rare since this is the season for rain) and we couldn't let it go to waste. I got some gorgeous pictures of the beach and the scenery. Vancouver is such a beautiful city. But it's hard to appreciate all the beauty when the sky is grey and the entire city is drowning in rain.






It is crazy to think that only three months of the year, do people really come out to enjoy the beach.

After spending the day at the beach talking and catching up, we headed back to his condo to have dinner with his wife Jamila and their cute son Zak.

The last time I had seen Zak he was only a couple months old. Now he is 3 and so big!
He is almost as big as me! And only 3 years old!

He is such a cutie! And I am now known as "Auntie Kash", hehe!

We had a great dinner, and I was so happy to meet up with my cousins and see Zak!

No comments:

Post a Comment