Monday, October 7, 2013

M.I.A.

This weekend I was a little M.I.A at the hotel. I went to khane Saturday night and then slept over at Asma's house. She and her parents kindly invited me to spend the weekend with them and I gladly accepted. My first sleepover over seas!! Oo oo! We got to her house after khane, which was a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment. It reminded me a lot of my house back in Texas. We watched some movie called Cradle 2 the Grave, where I kept guessing all the actors. And then we had dinner. Asma and I went to her room and just talked about all kinds of stuff. She is so sweet and I think we get along great! She also reminds me of Saffana because she doesn't like being embarrassed. (Which is something her brother can easily do...just like me to Saffana). She doesn't know who Drake is...I'm going to have to change that!! We woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday! Just kidding, we woke up at 8. And got ready to go to Asma's school for a function called "Annual Day" where they give out awards and do performances. We got there and she wasn't allowed to sit so I sat with her younger brother and we enjoyed all the performances. 
They also had a Nigerian themed fashion show. I had moved from my spot so you might not be able to see the clothing as clearly. 
And the last two dances were amazing! There was this one girl, holy crap. She needs to become a professional. And they did a salsa routine! Then after the function, we went to pick up Chinese. And I made Asma take a picture with me!
For some reason, people here don't like showing their teeth in pictures. Anyways, her parents took us around town and showed me all these places. They are such a wonderful family! They even took me for ice cream. 
I've never had toffee ice cream before and it was delicious!! Mmm mm! Then I got back to the hotel and facetimed my two crazy aunts! I love y'all, Shaira and Salma!! Happy liberation day!!! Hugs and kisses to you both! Then today I went to school and Dorcas was late so I hung out with Halima. We bonded over Indian songs. She had a whole mix and I could name every single one and what movie they were from. I got all nostalgic remembering all the classic Indian movies I have back home. And we enjoyed chai and samosas. We get chai every day at 10 and the samosas come from this one lady who sells them on the street.  
They are so good! Street food!! Best type of food to eat! And here is another picture of my view from the hotel. 
A storm was on its way....but it's just gorgeous. 
 



1 comment:

  1. More beautiful pictures; thanks for going to all the trouble to take and post them.
    As for your reduced Wolf pack, I'm so sorry to hear this...but I must agree with Vincent...some people get bad breaks/luck but others make dumb choices. :(

    ReplyDelete