Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Wolf Pack

There were barely any students in school today. They were sent home because of unpaid school fees. I learned that the school fees cost 55,000 shillings per semester. Which equals to 647 USD. I spent most of my day with "the wolf pack". So lemme just break it down for you. There is Arnold, Vincent, Oliver and Edward. Although the core group is Arnold, Vincent and Oliver. Arnold and Vincent are ALWAYS in the library. And they are the two who talk to me all the time. We (Arnold and I) taught Vincent how to do Soduku (which I have surprisingly gotten really good at...) and we talked more about the boarding schools. They even brought out a map of the US and had me point out where I live and all the "famous" places that they had heard of. Like where Jay-Z and Beyonce were born. I took a picture of Vincent, Arnold and Oliver. 
From left to right: Arnold, Vincent and Oliver. Arnold insisted that he didnt want to pose. So I told him to be natural. And his natural was looking away. 
They were laughing because they were saying that they were too black to show up in the picture. And today at lunch we had ugali and greens instead of the normal beans and maize. Like I said yesterday, the prices of food are rising so things are changing at the school. But today I cooked for the first time in my kitchen! Wanna know what I made? 
Cooked apples! Hehe...it was simple but still! Pretty cool in my opinion. And it was delicious! ...and then I ordered real food. Also, I heard that the US government went through with the shut down...all I can say is there is no such thing as a government shut down here...sooo...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Let me try that? How do you order food? Apparently your mom and sister didn't know. I ordered a simple grilled cheese and I am still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my many skills is ordering food! I'll show you how, the next time I'm with you all! :)
    I enjoyed the photos of the Wolf Pack, and I think their ties are cool!!
    I'm SHOCKED at the high cost for education... these are hard working folks and they deserve nothing but the best!
    US Republicans have been acting like petulant babies... it's shameful. They need to be reminded that THEY LOST THE 2012 ELECTION!!!
    Canada has a much better system... if the Parl't won't pass a money bill to run the gov't, there has to be a new election!!!
    Yea Canada...leader once again!! hahaha! Couldn't resist!!

    ReplyDelete