Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Airplane Problems

Last Friday, I left Dar for Arusha. Getting to Arusha was ridiculous. I got to the airport early and waited about 30 minutes for check in. When I got to the counter, the man told me that the flight was delayed by 30 minutes (so yay, another extra long wait in the lounge as well). 

I arrived to the gate at 11:30 a.m. The flight didn't start boarding until 2:20 p.m. (even though they had told me that the plane was delayed to 2:55). 

We (all the passengers) get all settled and ready for take off when the pilot comes over the speakers and announces that we won't be landing in Arusha like originally planned due to a tire bust, and will be landing in the Kilimanjaro airport instead. 

So they load us back off and we had to wait another 30 minutes before we could board again. In other words, the guy who told me that the plane was delayed was right (in a way). In all, being at the airport for 3+ hours sucked. 

But I was glad to arrive in Arusha! I know leaving for Arusha was so sudden but I had a very good reason. I had gotten a call from my uncle Asif and I was booked for a 4 night 5 day safari! It started on Saturday and just ended today as I am writing this. 

Don't worry, I'll blog it all in a few upcoming posts! But just to "distract" you until then here are those pictures of the mendhi I got done. The old mendhi still hasn't fully come off so you can see parts of it in the pictures. 
I like this kind better (as I said earlier). But what do y'all think? 

1 comment:

  1. Your new mendhi is beautiful; so sophisticated!
    BUT… no matter how annoying delayed flights can be, NEVER entitle your blog chapter :"Airplane Problems"!!
    I had a heart attack!!! :(

    ReplyDelete