Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Indian Wedding Part 1

In case most of y'all don't know, the reason the title of my blog is Indian Wedding Part 1 is because Indian weddings last for a while. It isn't just a one day ceremony...these things can last over a week! 

I am attending a real Hindu Indian wedding this weekend and the ceremonies and get-togethers have already started. Today we went to the grooms side (Romaana, my cousin, is good friends with both the groom and bride) to get mendhi (for white people that means henna :p) done. 

Romaana and I left for the groom's sisters house and were greeted as soon as we got there. It was mostly close family who was there because the real mendhi party isn't until Friday. So then we chatted for a bit and Romaana introduced me to everyone. Automatically, everyone started calling me "Karishma" which is my name but with the letters out of order 😝

Then we were sent upstairs to the neighbors house for the mendhi. The lady, Badriya, said that mendhi was her passion. And she is amazing at it! 
And here is the final product!
Well, that was a lie. The final product is when I take off the paste, which I will take pictures of and post (probably in this one). 
There is me, Romaana and Anushka. She is such a cutie pie! She and I spent most of the time while we were waiting for our mendhi to dry, playing catch with a balloon. 
So adorable!! 

Anyway, I love my mendhi! It's is beautiful and Badriya is an amazing artist! Not only is she doing the grooms side, but also the brides side on Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful mendhi job! I've really never seen anything as pretty. And is that powder blue nail polish you are wearing??? Love it!!!
    What fun to be included in the wedding! I'm so lucky to have been to an Indian wedding myself!!!Those folks know how to party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete