Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Last Sunday

So y'all, I finally got the pictures from the Hindu function with Asma. Here they are!
That's me being an awkward turtle. 
Asma and I looking super awesome. I told her we should just go straight to Bollywood and show them these pictures so that they will hire us as actresses. 
And finally, Priya, Afsana and I. Everyone I take pictures seem so short compared to me! 

But anyways, last night Asma slept over...our last sleepover together! And this morning we went for yoga. Last week some of the ladies at khane decided to hold free yoga classes on the weekends. I went last week with Auntie Munira and it was really good. It reminded me of doing bikram yoga with dad and Jude that one Christmas. Ahhh good times. So today we went for yoga and then afterwards, everyone was going to the cemetery just to give incense and water the flowers. So we went. It was a really somber occasion. Asma showed me where the children's graves were and that's what affected me the most. Seeing all those tiny graves. And there were so many. Apparently someone had came in and stolen all the boards that would label who was where so a lot of the people who came weren't able to find where their relatives were. Thankfully, they have a record of everyone there so that is the new project for the cemetery committee. 

After we finished with the ceremony, we went to a fast food place for some snacks. They had jalebi (an Indian dessert) and beef samosas with chai! Those samosas were almost as good as Ma's...almost...

After enjoying those snacks Asma, Raihaan, and I went to the Swan Center to meet Azaan for lunch. I wanted to have the "crew" of us out for lunch one time just as a nice way to say bye. We went to LB (Laughing Buddha) and had these huge milkshakes! 
That is a Ferraro Roche milkshake...and I finished every last drop! Then after lunch, for dessert Azaan got these brownies...
They serve it on a sizzling hot plate and they pour chocolate sauce over it. It was amazing! Sooo good!!! And finally, we had to take pics!
From left to right: Raihaan, me and Azaan. Finally someone is taller than me! We had a great time together and it was nice to say goodbye. We all traded contact info and I know we will keep in touch. I told Raihaan he has to come to America to become a WWE wrestler...so we shall see...
BFFs! Haha that was my lovely artwork...I know, I know...I need to become professional. 


1 comment:

  1. OMG you crack me up! I want you to make a cartoon OF ME!!!
    Love the brownie with hot chocolate sauce on top; I'm pretty sure I can heat up choc.sauce in the microwave so I should be able to do this myself!!
    You sure know how to do a proper farewell…dress up, take pictures, and eat!! What else is there??
    Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete