Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Weekend in Kilifi Part 2

Today, Sunday (17th), was our last day in Kilifi. We went to this beach resort called Mnarani Club. They have this deal where you pay $1,200 (shillings y'all! Not dollars!!) for access to their private beach all day and lunch included. 

It was beautiful. Today was also very relaxing. We had a delicious buffet lunch and then spent the rest of the time swimming in the ocean and the pool. We got an even better group photo all at the beach! 
From left to right; Tara, Melissa, Tyler (my fellow American!), Tabi, Michael, Yvette, Nicole, Inuche (I highly doubt I spelled that right..), me and Jen. We are such a hot group, eh? -hehe they were all tryna get me to say "eh" and I accidentally did one time...at Tusky's (a grocery store) and no one heard me! But I've gotten Tara to say "y'all" all the time now!! 

And then Tabi and I decided to have some more photos together to prove to our family that we have been hanging out. 
And my favorite one...
Pure happiness! 

And soon enough it was time to part ways. I was going to Mombasa and, thankfully, Inuche was going also so we shared a cab. I originally wanted to take the bus like before with all the others and get off at Mombasa but the ticket guy wouldn't let me. He wanted me to pay the full price (which was ridiculous) and I refused. But it all worked out in the end! 

I had a wonderful time with everyone and I truly hope we all stay in touch. I've invited everyone to Texas...so hopefully they show up! 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful of you to invite them all. You must have a big place of your own, being Texan and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm sure your dad won't mind sleeping on the couch when your new buddies come to visit! After all, it's got to come under the heading of "globalization"!! tee hee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nonsense!They are all welcome to visit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete